Monday, February 2, 2009

Seven Story Mountain

(title from Railroad Earth - Seven Story Mountain - The Black Bear Sessions)

Do you know how "unemployed in a bad economy" feels?

I do, too. 

Wish I didn't, but such is life, and now I have ample time to do the things I couldn't because I was tied up behind a desk for 8.5 hours a day, and driving for up to another 3 hours on top of that.

Look for the positive. Always, always look for the positive. What else is there? It happened. You got axed. Cry, scream, rage, blame, and then get over it. 

Positive: I'll have a little time to finally, FINALLY sort through all the boxes of cr-- er, ju-- ...well, stuff I've accumulated since ...birth. I'll have time for exercise. I'll have time for ME.

Moving on.

I'm feelin' like it's gonna take me a couple days to really feel "good" about not working. It feels odd to still be sitting on my bed, unclean, in my pajamas at 10:34 on a Monday morning- not gonna lie. 

But I think, in the interest of getting this gig underway, I should probably give you the lowdown on me.

I'm 25 years old, and I graduated from SUNY Albany in 2005 with a BA in English and a minor in psych (with a focus on child psych). I love to write, but I haven't had the time (or inspiration) in ages. I love music, and I love my Jeep. That's probably all you'll really need to know.





No comments:

Post a Comment