Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mark, Tom, & Travis

I know you're all totally sick of hearing me talk about Blink-182. 

But, I have to tell you about +44. 

This is Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker's band... and they are awesome. 

+44 (so named for the international dialing code for the UK) sounds like Blink meets the Cure meets every punk love song you've ever heard- but they're good

It's easy to hear the angst and frustration in their lyrics- "Quit cryin your eyes out, and baby come on. It's like there's something familiar about me, the past is only the future with the lights on. So quit cryin your eyes out, baby." ("Baby Come On," When Your Heart Stops Beating) Please tell me none of you can identify with that feeling right there- can you even say that truthfully? Didn't think so.

I've given When Your Heart Stops Beating quite a few spins since downloading it last weekend, however, I don't seem to have much time to listen without multitasking, so I can't really tell you too much about the album in-depth, though I'd like to, because you should definitely check it out. I can tell you that with the warmer weather coming up, you can rest assured that I will be spending more time pounding the trails with my iPod by my side, and I will be able to give this, and other new albums I've acquired, my full attention. In fact, I might even venture out today.


No comments:

Post a Comment