Sunday, January 31, 2010

musings

I have been listening to a bit of My Morning Jacket lately.

Something about MMJ reminds me an awful lot of the Twilight soundtracks; primarily, Grizzly Bear or Bon Iver & St Vincent.


Other albums and varying artists that I am spinning now include:
The Police - Zenyatta Mondatta; Regatta de Blanc
Classic Police. Z says "Stewart Copeland IS the Police." I personally am electrified by Sting's voice, but to each their own.

30 Seconds to Mars - This is War
This is a big change from "A Beautiful Lie", much more electronic. Not sure it's for the better, or just... very different.

Thom Yorke - The Eraser
I find this album similar to the relaxing beta waves in those "go to sleep faster" things. Not that it's a bore at all; I have no trouble falling asleep to it, but it also relaxes me on my ridiculous morning commute.

Railroad Earth
Excellent homeward-bound soundtrack. RRE's jumpy, jazzy bluegrass and small-town country warmth are just the thing for sore nerves at the end of the day. "Seven Story Mountain" makes me think of waking up on a weekend morning.

Anya Marina - Satellite Heart
I heard this chick in the New Moon soundtrack first. Then I downloaded the Daytrotter app from iTunes (free! and a great way to get exposed to new stuff!) and heard a song that very closely mirrors "Satellite Heart"... and then I heard it today in the supermarket, which was weird.

Lykke Li
Also on the New Moon soundtrack, I would love to hear more of her! Very dreamy-sounding, kind of ethereal and hazy.

Speaking of supermarkets... am I the only one who walks around the supermarket, singing aloud while I shop?






1 comment:

  1. The supermarket singing could be genetic- but my Supermarket only plays 50's songs. I must shop during retiree hour...

    ReplyDelete